Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday Single

Well, it's been a few days since I blogged so I thought I'd better get on the stick & post something!  I try for 5 days a week & most weeks I accomplish that, but haven't been in the mood lately & I haven't been taking many photos either.  This is a new type of tomato ( for me) that I'm growing this year--called Roman Candle---85 days. Beautiful, neon yellow,

fruits are
bursting with intense sweetness and flavor. A wonderful
new tomato that originated as a “sport” from
Mr. John Swenson’s Speckled Roman. A new favorite
of market growers, it is quite colorfulPosted by Picasa

3 comments:

isladeb said...

I got one freaking tomato on my tomato plant this year...ONE! Considering the plant cost me about $2.50 and the cage cost $6.00, it was an $8.50 tomato. Believe me, Ann, it was not worth it. Looks like you're having much better luck.

Life's a Beach! said...

I'm laughing at Deb's comment. We bought two tomato plants our first summer in Arizona and got nada. I long for the taste of homegrown tomatoes.

Ann said...

My plants are loaded this year! It's kind of hit or miss here because our weather can be bizarre! I even have a few plants that just grew on their own ( from dropped tomatoes last year I guess)