Friday, June 29, 2012

And Another Batch!

 So I finally broke down & went to the Emergency Room on Wednesday for the poison ivy--it just wasn't going away fast enough for me!  So I got prednisone to take & it's really helped alot.  But I can't work outside in the sun!  So I thought it would be a great time to start making some jam.  Top photo is the pan I use to sterilize the lids & rings for the canning jars.
 I had picked & frozen quite a bit of fruit last ear that I never got around to using so now's the time!  These are raspberries from my bushes.  The beginning of the process--just the raspberries & the sugar.
 Bringing to a boil before adding the pectin.
And the finished product.  This is my 3rd batch ( also have made spiced blueberry and strawberry rhubarb)  I hope to make a few batches a week--it will help free up space in my freezer for the fruit I pick this year!

No comments: