Friday, June 10, 2011

Arrived safely

 I left at 6:30 am to drive to the Cape yesterday--the sun was out when I left, but by the time I made it to the Massachusetts Turnpike it started to rain & it rained all the way to the Cape ( about 3 hrs).  This is the Sagamore Bridge--one of the bridges that goes over the Cape Cod Canal ( the other is the Bourne).  And a look in the other direction of the canal.
It's now 8 pm & it's pouring rain.  I just made it back to the hotel I'm staying at before it started.  Accomplished quite a bit  today--found lots of interesting things--like one of my parents wedding invitations--I've never seen one before.
Lots more to do tomorrow!

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Sounds like you're cleaning out. Hope you find some great memories while you're working!

Ann said...

Yesterday was a grind--found lots more memories, but took stuff to Goodwill--should have taken lots more. I think this has given me the incentive to start cleaning out my own house! ( way too much to go through & can only fit so much in my car to bring home. My brother has filled a UHaul!