Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring Flowers

I went out to get some flowers for planting over the weekend....got a few put in on Saturday & it's rained ever since!  These petunias were for some color around the mailbox.
I think they're called an antique petunia--beautiful colors!
We have about 12 of these 1/2 whiskey barrels to fill with flowers & veggies--the 3 out by the road get new guinea impatiens in them & they are done!  I filled them the thrifty way--bought 2 hanging baskets  with 4 nice plants in each & took them apart & filled 4 planters!  I forgot to write down the name of these red flowers--thought they would add some color to my garden!

6 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Those petunias are the most beautiful ones I've ever seen! Gorgeous photos!

Ann said...

I was really drawn to them when I saw them at Home Depot--I love them because of the colors & that they're different from most that you see!

vacationdad said...

And who says that you can't get good garden product from a big box store, thanks Ann

Jackie said...

I have never seen the antique petunia. It's a very unique looking flower.

Ann said...

Ric--you have great plants at that place you work! If it stops raining, I might get to plant what I bought!

Alfandi said...

I love petunia..but over here after a while, you always lose them to the aphids or whitefly..always when the blooms are are its peak..sigh..