Saturday, May 7, 2011

Blanket of Flowers

 When I came back from my Mom's the other day all of these tiny flowers were blooming in our front field.  This is another spot that used to be fenced in as a horse pasture.  There are a few apple trees in here.
 And a little bit closer....
 And closer still!  Now you can see that they are a type of violets.

 And the white ones--they look like a type of violets, too.......so pretty!

 And I came upon one industrious bee flitting from flower to flower--very hard to get a picture of it---this was the best I could do--looks like it's just hanging out of the flower!
So happy I took these photos yesterday...the guy who cuts our grass was here 1st thing this morning--hopefully some of the posies survived!

4 comments:

jackie said...

That's a pretty good shot of the bee. I really liked the close up of the violet.

Ann said...

Thanks so much, Jackie!

Life's a Beach! said...

How pretty Ann! I tried to plant a form of violets in Arizona, but they didn't last long in the heat! I had them in my sideyard in Washington State and they increased every year.

Ann said...

These have spread quite a bit in the last few years. And I have the dark purple traditional violets in several spots too!