Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Alaska Glaciers

These were taken at the College fjord. All the glaciers were named after colleges that were connected to the people that were on the expedition that found them.in 1898 The largest is Harvard and there is Yale, Wellesley and Vassar and others. My husband is a Vassar grad, so he was interested to see that one.This is Yale Glacier, I think. I was surprised when I got up at 4:30 am & went outside & we were in this area. The ship stayed here for a few hours and turned all the way around to get different views of the glaciers. For a large ship, it got in very close .
I printed about 10 of these photos on Kodak metallic paper( had them done at www.mpix.com). Wish you could see how beautiful they look on the computer. They did a great job!


1 comment:

Beck said...

Beautiful photos! Alaska is someplace I never got to in all our years living in the Northwest. Craig went a couple of times a year at least with his job and did some salmon fishing and sight-seeing. Maybe one of these days! It'd be a fantastic contrast from a hot Phoenix summer!